Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Revivals

Ok, haha, joke's over. I get it...

I've been there, recently in fact; that place where you and the outdoors just can't seem to get your groove and shake time. And I get it, you're a busy person, you have obligations and things you want to achieve. Some things have to be sacrificed and shit happens. I've been there, and I always find a way to get back...

So it's 3:17 am as I start writing this blog, first in a long time. A lot has gone down in my life and I've been trying to push on and work through so much. I had lost my way, I stepped back indoors, I wound up at the bottom regretting a lot. Things were tough over last winter, Mononucleosis tough. But, as they say in Monty Python, "I got better"... In our un-seasonably warm spring I lost a brother of the earth, Peter Dougherty, to the waves from which he found peace and tranquility paddling upon. As I slowly faded in school and my work I dissolved a sense of what was "worth" it, shaken and fearful, cowering behind closed doors... But, for 11 days a year, for the past (?) years... I Fest... Refugee Stage style @ Summerfest. The Fest brings the outdoors and music, two of my favorite things, together in a stackably scrumptious sammich of goodness and weary warm fuzziness. It's a battle, but it makes you forget all but what is happening at the time and who you are in the chaos happening around you. I thank the stars I have that stage and those friends to help bring me back to what I love every year... as much as a huge mess it is dealing with yall, and what a beautiful mess it is. But the point is that I had my moment of clarity there, amongst the local bands, beer, and sorty man/women-folk... it all became clear... so to speak. Since then I've been gathering my thoughts and what wits I have to get my shit together for, what already feels like, round 2...
I'm heading off to All Good Fest in less than 8 hours (at some point I should sleep, at least I think...) to work with my buddy Elan at the CocoLoco booth. Here's your "big up's" Elan: CocoLoco rocks, it's good stuff, I wear it all the time... it'll be at All Good Fest... Yeah." Anymore questions and you can come find me, or visit their website (www.coconutjewelry.com) 
So I'm pretty pumped to get out again and have a good time doing things I love to do, it feels good, like looking at a compass though you know your directions already. I hope to be doing more of this in the future, I think it's close to what I was meant for. At least I get to get out and meet a whole bunch of people as well as have a good time doing it. Already August is looking like one big party-campout, September... well, school starts again and I must do well... at least for the first part of the semester. Onwards from Fall into Winter are camp-outs and classes and who knows what else...

I'm going back outside, this walls and doors thing isn't my style... I'm breaking outa the shell the city puts on me like it's a candy coating (which only rots your teeth) along with this depressive concrete jungle reality they so press. So, money and whatnot be damned! As this is the internet, and there are certain parental controls in order, I feel very entitled to say "Fuck it."

As revivals go, this isn't exactly fireworks, it's closer to a bucket of gasoline and some roman candles or something... but it's still a revival. I'm back people, tell the trees, the birds, rocks, and squirrels...and now I'm leaving. I'm going outside... you coming?

See you at All Good!
~Eco

*Photo Credit's to Big Phreeky, Amy Knack, J Wolf, and that girl on the canoe camp-out*

P.S. Here's a bit of outdoor zen for you, me and my buddy Tamir doing Tai Chi at the beach on a canoe camping trip!

1 comment:

  1. A bucket of gasoline has always been much more 'entertaining' for me than any controlled, & always the same fireworks display.
    Great blog bro.
    ~Kevin
    The Antzl Project

    ReplyDelete